Sunday 1 January 2023

Silver glittery leggings for New Years Day Familly Party

  

I made these leggings to wear for New Year. I never went to a New Year's Eve party this year so ended up wearing them for a familly do today which I suppose is really just as good. 

Except for when I was young so in my late teens and twenties I usually end up feeling NY Eve parties are a bit of a let down. I suppose its just the same old same old, every year. When you first go to them its amazing but its really a bit of a let down now. We could have had our own party but had already planned to have a familly get together today. 

They are worn with a me-made hair band in grey glitter sweatshirting ( the fabric used for my dress rather than my tracksuits ) and with my favourite grey glitter sweatshirt.

So yes, for New Years Day 2023 I am all glitttery and loving it. Its a very practical outfit as well though with the warm sweatshirt and the leggings fabric being a chunky and warm 4 way stretch ( well 2 way but you get what I mean!! and loads of fabric companies incorrectly label it 4-way). So I have not just glitter but I am comfy and warm so all sorted for 1st January.

Close up showing texture on this fabric


Though I did think, when I looked in the mirror today, that perhaps these leggings are a bit too much Abba. Still its a party, even if just for close friends and familly, and its the last time we can all get together before everyone heads off home again - till next year. 

The leggings are TNT pattern McCalls 6173 and I did the view with ruching on the ankles and unlike usually I did not take them in at the ankles since I want to be able to wear thick winter hand knit socks under these. It may not look so good but I want warmth more than tight fit fashion right now.

 

So I actually got round to making something over the Christmas break this year though admittedly something fast and easy so I did not need to leave my sewing kit everywhere for days at a time and we got the table back for eating in record time too.

Hoping 2023 is a wonderful year for you all, Thanks for popping by,

Happy New Year

Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment