Friday 24 February 2023

Loungewear flares

 


Ok so really this is not at all an original thing to make, but I have already worn these three times and washed them once so really so far they are a very good idea because besides they fit my Fae clothing theme being a lovely watercolour type of print of smudgey florals, they're also a style I enjoy wearing, and they are comfortable which matters at this time of year when you need warm comforting food and clothing to combat the often vile wet weather outside. I actually waited quite a few days to get these trousers photgraphed due to the cold rainy world outside!

These trousers fit the comfort bill fine, and work well as loungewear, which I can still wear out and about and the fabric is nice enough I felt OK to go to a coffee shop at the weekend with a mate and not feel out of place.

On top of that the fabric has now been in the stash more than a year so needs using up. I have also just cut a dress out of the same fabric which pretty much uses it all except for a few small pieces which I need to be a bit inventive with I think if I am to find a way to use them. More on that when I get an idea!
Like the multi coloured flares I made a few months back these are made using a free yoga pants pattern that I have been grateful for the chance to use for a long time now. Its the best stretch flares pattern I  have come accross and being free is a wonderful bonus.

This is the link to the pattern: https://siloandsage.com/2015/03/06/free-yoga-pants-pattern/

Also like the last few versions of these I have widened them a bit to make the flares wider. Well the pattern was released years ago now in a world with straight leg trousers so with changing times this updates it and its just so simple to add a few cm to the side seams. 

Hopefully I will find time to sew up some of the baby clothes I have been cutting out. Once I do I will post about them.

Enjoy your weekend and here's hoping its a sunny one regardless of where on planet Earth you live;

Take care

Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment