Saturday 8 April 2023

No-sewing week

 So this week has been eventful, but unproductive from a crafting view point so there is not much for me to blog about. We went up to Scotland for 5 days - or at least to Glasgow for one night, the Highlands for 3 nights and back to Glasgow for another night before coming back home. Normally the journey home from Glasgow to Kilsby is around 7:30 to 8:50 hours. Not this week! it took us 14 hours and 30 minutes to get home. There were for some reason loads of accidents and diversions on the M6 south. Probably down to people driving too fast to get to relatives before Easter!

At one point we just got out of the queue and had a cup of tea - a brilliant reason to keep the camper on the road! If we had been in a normal car we could not have done that so easily. It also gave the dogs a break which after how ever many hours stuck in the back of the camper they needed. They do have room to move around but of course all dogs need a wee etc so they were very happy to be let out even though there was just a rubbsh filled layby at the side of the A66. At that point the M6 had been closed for 3 junctions and everyone was being diverted accross the country to the M1. By the time we had stopped for about half an hour for tea and biscuits they actually had reopened the M6 though most people stayed in the queue to go down the M1. Thank you to Google maps we got an update! 

Anyway, 6 days for having fun and I have done very little to talk about in the way of crafting.

I have started to knit a baby jumper. Its a pattern from Ravelry

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/frog-sweater

I knitted the same pattern back in 2015 for a different baby and it was fun to knit. I do like making baby clothing because its so small. This is the frog prince jumper and last time I even knitted it with the crown but I am thinking it was a bit OTT and my friend did dress her baby in it once but only once. This time I intend to just do the eyes and mouth on the hat. That is really more wearable. Again, like my last attempt at this ( which was a success and looked just like the pattern but I never got a photo) this is for a boy so the backgroud will be the conventional blue but not pale wishy washy baby blue because I hate the way people dress babies in pastels. So 1950s! Why can't they wear bright colours?

 Anyway I did knit the back and have now begun the frog on the front panel. Its the 6 month size so should hopefully be finished before baby gets that old.

Back

Front

So really this has not been a productive week but I have had some fun which is great. And I went to the highlands, saw Lock Ness and on the way up the Glencoe as well. We actually got stuck there because of an accident too but that diversion only added an hour onto the entire journey. So driving wise this was a very long week but its the only way to get around here. We even considered (whilst stuck in a traffic jam!) how much t would cost to fly to Wick from Bimingham airport but the average price was coming in at £550 each way (each and not including dogs) and that was with a 24 hour flight because all flights go first to London then stop at Glasgow before going to Wick - one flight even stopped at Belfast first. So thats a No-No for us. And far too expensive.

We have decided if we can sort it though we will move to the outskirts of one of the scottish towns/ cities. Especially if Scotland goes indepepndent because ultimatly that would probably lead to Scotland rejoining the EU and as someone who liked to be European, I hate Brexit and the rising food prices etc. Of course the non-Eu fans( Brexit believers)  blame it all on the Ukraine-Russian war but much of what is happening in the UK was actually predicted if we went through Brexit. 

Also I am not racist! I liked being part of the much bigger european union and have a few very good friends who were from the EU and have now retured to other EU countries because they felt unwelcome here due to Brexit,  It seems many people here are simply racist biggots. I am ashamed to belong to this country if I am honest and I feel no allegiance to Britain at all after Brexit. So moving to scotland may right now be just a dream but its something we intend to look into now.

Maybe next week I will have more to show you nd to talk about, In the meantime I have several other blogsto visit and to get up to date with reading.

Thanks for popping by,

Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment