Sunday 24 December 2023

A second wider A-line skirt


This skirt is made from the second piece of fabric I was miss-sold - though I ended up keeping for free, so I really cannot keep complaining about this. I still would never buy from the company again but still..............this will be a very wearable skirt for Christmas and New Year. This version has more fabric and therefore more movement than the previous two did.

 

The patchwork print is nice and I even had someone compliment this when I wore it to a large department store the other day while shopping for presents so I was very happy with that. I never told the woman I made it myself. I also have the scrunchies I made from this fabric and was wearing one to match when I was shopping. And she noticed!


Anyway its the same Burda pattern as I used for the last two skirts but I added width to the CF and the sides to make this more flowy and it seems to have worked.

You can see the last two skirts here and here.

 

The waistband is just flat and has elastic but since it actually fits the waist you do not need to stretch the elastic other than to put on or take off the skirt so the waist has no gathers and no zip which makes it a comfortable garment for holidays when your waist probably is going to expand a little due to all the feasting. Its the same as one I saw in a high street shop a few weeks back.  

I have  a wide vintage belt somewhere that I repaired a while ago and a corset belt I made. I will have to find them out for my next wearing of this skirt because I think it would look good with either of them. 

Its worn with my scuba top so the entire outfit is very cheap fabric that actually I probably would never buy again but it works and its best I think to use up what you paid for even if you do not like the fabric. I do not like scuba but having paid for it its going to be worn. It does also make for warm winter tops. I am unlikely to buy more scube unless its to make wetsuits from because its the stuff they use for the side panels etc hence the name but these days its mainly used it seems for clothing. Ayway I have tried making clothes from it and I am not a fan so will probably not buy any more. I have a bit left over from this top which I actually made some time ago so I intend to make another top of some sort from it to keep me warm this winter then after that I am done with scuba as a fabric.

  

Ok so anyway I now have 3 new skirts for my holiday wardrobe and mixed with my existing clothing they will definintely make me feel a bit more in the mood to party.

Have a great Christmas and if you do not celebrate then enjoy the time anyway and wishing everyone everywhere joy and peace for the holiday period.


Take care and Happy Holidays

Bracken



No comments:

Post a Comment