Sunday 31 December 2023

A wrap cardi for New Years Eve 2024

 

You can see the lighting is horrible here. Its been raining most of the day and its a grey dark dismal day and behind me you can see where the road has started to flood.
Well its 31st December and its New Years Eve. We had a crazy busy day visiting relatives again. Sometimes I really wonder about the holidays and if its worth all the rushing around. Well its nice to see people of course but so much rushing and so much stress.

But then I suppose when otherwise do we all get to see our famillies?


The hat is the Isolation Hat and I really love it so should maybe make it part of my New Year resolutions to knit a new one in a different colour. My hands were freezing. I should have worn gloves.

Anyway this top was literally whipped together just to use as a light weight cardigan. I will wear it again later with a long skirt when we go out so this is a very quick post because its New Years Eve and I am going to have fun. 

This top was sewn up from very forgiving scuba - that of course is also warm. I do not much like scuba but I had it in the stash and want to get rid of it so its top of my fabric list to be used. Topping that is its also black. Perfect!

Its worn over a short dress and ( shock at least for me!!!) RTW leggings. Well they were cheaper to buy than make so this year I bought 6 pairs of these black leggings which are from H&M and are fleecy on the inside so perfect for winter. At £7.99 a pair I could not make them for less so it was sensible to just buy and of course that also allows me more time to make more interesting items. They are my first RTW leggings since 2013. Maybe I should see how much their basic sleevesless vest tops are as well? 

Anyway I made the dress ages ago but still like wearing it and its was perfect for a daytime visit to relatives where I end up crawling round on the floor with small children.

Tonight is time for a party though so we are off out later. Just time for a quick blog post!

Pattern is the same pattern as for my velvet wrap top.

I wish you a very Happy New Year and all the best for 2024 and heres hoping the world has Peace and Love for 2024.

Take care

Bracken


No comments:

Post a Comment