Friday 26 January 2024

Update on my Treasure Socks

I can't honestly say these are fast for me to knit. No they are not. But then I do take my time when it comes to knitting anything, but mainly socks, due to the tiny needles used for 4ply yarns. 
I started these last week they are a mix of West Yorkshire spinners signature 4ply in colour Silent night with contrast colour being an alpaca mix which is Drops nord. Hopefully they will wear OK.
I am liking how they look so far.
I am already planning another colourway in this pattern because I am knitting this in reverse to how the pattern shows and how most people will probably knit these. I thought it would be good this way though I looking at the sock so far I am happy. The pattern is straight forward if you like fair Isle ( I do) and I only had to unpick one round so far when I was first sussing out how the pattern works. I will not finish in time for the Winter Haven KAL which ends today I think, but that's OK because I knew I was going to start these late so it was to be expected. I generally run over with this KAL anyway due to being such a slow knitter.
But still I think this is going to make a nice warm pair of socks once finished.
Thanks for popping by my blog,
See you soon,
Bracken 

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful pattern. Lovely the way you knit it... I'm imagining the heel and toe in blue and the rest all the way through with this fantastic pattern... lovely.
    It's wonderful that you discovered me, that's how I was able to find you - that's the beauty of blogging, isn't it?
    I've knitted a lot and started sewing for a few years now, first small bags, then larger bags and now I've landed on clothing... it's so much fun.
    At the moment I have grabbed a UFO from the floor and will finish this - before I sew again!!!
    Yes, you're right, the knitting needles are so slow... I hope you enjoy your yarn - your socks will be fantastic.
    Hug from Viola

    ReplyDelete