Thursday 1 February 2024

Treasure socks progress

 

As you can probably see I am almost up to the heel. I have I think one or maybe two repeats to do first if I go for the length I usually go for. Its a good length so probably best to stick with it. I reckon this evening assuming I manage to knit I will get to the heel and maybe if I do well actually start the heel itself.

I have found these surprisingly fast to knit - so far anyway. I am still on sock one but really I think often a slightly more difficult pattern, or maybe rather a pattern that does require some thought and concentration, meaning you do not get bored, is often faster to knit than a basic pattern.

With socks mostly I have to concentrate anyway so I tend to find them an easier knit than a basic jumper which is just boring.

I actually started a basic jumper around this time last year and still have not finished the back of it. Its something I should go back to. Its sat in a bag next to my usual seat in the lounge for nearly a year now and not grown a single row. I have made several other items during the past year, but not finished the jumper. It always gets bumped down my list of to-dos.

 

Anyway the Treasure socks are growing nicely and I am liking how they are looking.

Take care and thanks for visiting my blog,

Bracken


No comments:

Post a Comment