Sunday 4 February 2024

Soft cozy warm flares

 

As I had planned, at New Year when I made my 2024 list of sewing aims, I decided to cut out some nice cozy warm and soft flares from the fabrics I have recently used to make my Grey Jumper and my Red over top/Jacket.


I have not yet sewn the red trousers but I did finish the grey ones. Thats partly because I (stupidly!) decided to again try to get along with a comfy yoga band. 

 

Well of course they now fall down all the time so I will have to alter that soon. The red ones will be having a normal elastic waistband instead.

I wore these when I went swimming with my son. Well my son did not find it cold, but I was freezing. I do not think the swimming pool was actually that cold, it was just me.

When we got out I was so happy to have worn my grey suit because I felt cozy immediately I had these clothes on. I was not a particularly cold day but after swimming I always feel the cold. Its January but I tend to feel cold at swimming baths even in July.


I did not actually make them for after swim but since my intention is to swim regularly then that could mean its a good outfit for the next month or so until it starts to warm up. Even in summer, on a hot day, I will not wear shorts when I go swimming. I have lovely cozy warm clothing for after-swim.


And yes very cozy and comfy these are too.


Interestingly the pattern on these trousers is straight. I tried so hard to get that right. I took ages over lining it all up because when I made the jumper it all came out slightly at an angle. I don't mind because its still a lovely cozy top but it was frustrating. 

I actually measured the pattern against the selvedge for the top using a ruler and lining up the SG arrows. That did not work. So this time I went with how it looks for the trousers and that has worked except for one small problem. The side seams twist a little. I have had this with RTW but it really annoys me. My partner tells me you cannot see this but I notice when wearing them.


So: I have a top where the seams are perfect and everything is straight but the actual pattern is off. 

Or I have trousers with perfect looking pattern and the seams twist. 

I am coming to the conclusion the fabric is just naff thats why it was so cheap. Its a very soft lovely fabric and was seriously cheap at £5 for 3m. I assume thats why!

Still the downside sometimes of buying offers and cheaper lines is you get imperfect fabrics. The seller should say this but often they don't. Never mind. For the rest of this winter at least I will be warm and cozy and I felt good wearing this so thats what counts.

It feels stylish as well as warm. 

Have a great week,

Bracken



No comments:

Post a Comment