Tuesday 26 March 2024

Camo pixie top

My sewing has had to slow up a bit this last week because my Mum, who is in her 80s, decided to be independent ad go up a ladder to change her shower curtains, and she fell from about 3ft or 1m up. Then she had to stay in hospital for a few days to recover and really I think she is very lucky nothing was broken or seriously damaged. Its just bruising. Anyway as you can imagine we have all (that is me, my brother, cousins etc) been telling her it was a stupid thing to do. Its not like there is no one who can do things for her. She just doesn't like asking. Trying to explain to someone their own pride has put them in hospital is not easy, or not if you do not want to upset that person. Anyway because of this I have not had time to blog and have only managed a small amount of sewing.

My coat is still "in progress" because I had so much trouble with the button hole, and had to unpick it twice, that I decided that the best way forward is hand stitching and that will take me a while. Really it will give me a nicer finish than machine stitching anyway so I intend to also do my hood lining and my hem in hand sewing - ah I did attach the hood, which I had not yet done last week, so I will show you the coat once that is done. For now its not exactly on hold but awaiting progress. I bought some black embroidery thread to make a decent button hole and the rest will just take time. The thread arrived a couple of days ago so it should start to happen now onwards. So for now the coat has to wait in the shadows while I clear the other stuff on my table. 

Well this camo fabric has been in my stash 3 years I think. I have another 2m piece to make a top for my partner as well. This bit was 4m. I am also making some tracksuit pants with some of this but hopefully more on that next week or even later this week since Mum has now finally come home. 

 

 I have made this top before in velvet. 

Generally, I make the dress version but decided this fabric could look good in camo. 

I love the pointy hood on this top. And its so wearable . Its actually a fancy dress pattern but works really nicely in normal fabric  with every day clothing.


Anyway, as I said earlier I have also cut out a pair of tracksuit pants so will show you them once I get them sewn up.

Have a great week and thanks for popping by,

Bracken


No comments:

Post a Comment