Friday 12 April 2024

Glittery Lekala Sports Trousers - 2 pairs.

 
 I decided to replace my old grey glittery sweatshirts and trousers

 

I have two tracksuits sets of hoody tops and trousers each in glittery grey sweatshirting.  I made them years ago and they are pretty much worn out now, so when I saw a bolt of 12m of grey glittery sweatshirting for sale I bought one and so far I have made two pairs of the Lekala sports trousers to replace my old ones. I intend to also make the hoodies again, then recycle the old worn ones. 

12m is far more than I had previously so I am not yet sure what I will do with the rest but I intend to use at least 6m this summer. Its just too big a piece of fabric to keep in storage for much longer than I need to so best I wear it and get it out of my stash.

These trousers are not at all an original make ( and I made a camo pair the other week)  and this is a pattern I have used so many times now I have lost count of the number of pairs of these I have made, but they are soft warm and snuggly, and I am very much enjoying them despite the weather warming up a bit now. They will still be needed for summer in the UK I am sure, and will be still warm and cosy for next autumn.

They are basic straight legged sports trousers with an elastic waist and two front inset pockets.


 

There is not really much I can say about these. They are a darker grey than my previous ones. Not sure if thats good or bad just yet - it just IS. 

The trousers,because I have more fabric than my previous two pairs, have sweatshirting pockets rather than contrasting fabric lnings. I have yet to decide if this is better than the others or not. Its thicker but thats not necessarily good. I will wear for a few wearings and then make a decision as to weather I did right or not using the same fabric throughout. I do like my contrasting lining on my older pairs and its thinner so not so bulky but so far I have not found it annoying having thicker pockets anyway. My final choice of course makes no difference to these two pairs but will influence my next pair because its inevitable I will make more of this pattern because I still love it and its so easy and comfy to wear.


 
I left the hems unfinished and just sewed around the bottom to stop the side seams coming undone. Its exactly what I did with the last two pairs so I just copied them exactly really, because why change what you really loved?

And now some time over the next few days I hope to cut out my sweatshirt tops. I may do a new type of top for one pair but I need to check out my patterns first to decide which top to make. I definitely want one the same as my previous versions though.

Thanks for popping by to see my blog and see you again next week if you have the time,

Take care

Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment