Monday 2 May 2022

Grey glittery sweatshirt trousers 2

 

I made these to go with the sweatshirt I showed you yesterday. Thoguh you cannot see the glitter on the pictures - sadly. Its very glittery. I wore the other one to go to Poland and got stopped and Xrayed going through customs cos of the fact the glitter showed up as metal all over my body. I had to have an xray to check it wasn't guns etc.  On the way back I packed it and wore something else to stop the hassle of being checked again. 

 

Having made these Lekala Sportwear pants loads of times before its a very fast make.ike the sweatshirt these are amazingly cuddly. My old ones are totally worn out. Its actually a bit too warm for these today so I will have to change in a bit.

I added a row of plain stitching round the raw hems on this pair to hopefully stop the side seams coming undone when worn. That has been a problem with the other pair though I have yet to get round to sewing them up. I think this hem is more professional though and it still keeps the raw edge I wanted to have. Though I reckon this pair is just slightly longer than my last version. I do turn those hems up on the other pair too when for example its wet underfoot but these seem to need it more. I may need to update them but today is my first wearing so will see how that goes.


The last pair are pretty much identical to these except I used my most recent lycra scraps with circuit board print for the pocket linings so they will sort of match my dress that I made a while ago.  The dress is short eough to also work as a top. 

The real difference here is the first pair HAD to have contrasting pocket linings due to lack of fabric but this time I made a CHOICE to have them because I liked it on the previous pair.


 I now also have a top as well in that fabric so will wear that some time in the next month to show you.

Happy #MMM22


See you tomorrow

Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment