Saturday 6 April 2024

Unicorn Dress

 

When I came accross this fur backed sweatshirting with Unicorns on it, well, I could not resist. And its a very adult type of pattern despite the unicorns. It was expensive. But I bought 2m not knowing what I would make with it. I went through various patterns but decided it should be a TNT pattern because I really cannot afford to make a big mistake when something costs me lots of money. I also wanted a BIG top or dress or something I can throw over my other clothes if needed but also something nice enough to wear alone. So really thats quite a tall order. Oh and I wanted a hood!
 
This is the pattern I used for the red skulls top. Its my partners pattern really - or the one I use most for his tops anyway. But I knew it could possibly make me a nice dress to wear in spring, autumn winter and maybe even the colder days of summer but also I can wear this over my tracksuit trousers.Its a 2XL size which is huge on me but does mean I get a nice oversized baggy top. I "batwinged" the sleeves. Or tapered them severely to th extent I actually thought I had mess this up until I sewed them up. They are narrow on the wrists but really wide at the top. Still an inset sleeve but being a much larger size than I am work to look like batwings.

I have never before made a dress from this particular top pattern but its worked out well and would be wearable I think on a cold windy beach in August when its raining despite supposedly being summer just as well as it will work with tights por leggigs for winter so I am very happyhow this has turned out. And especially I am happy to have made it without it going wrong because whe I do spend on fabric thats expensive obviously its a real worry and thats likely to be when things go wrong. Partly its why I chose a TNT pattern thats really very easy and basic to make. Also I do want to wear this and not just leave it in my wardrobe so anything like a fitted dress or trousers had to be out of the question. This I think is very, very wearable.

Have a lovely weekend and thanks for popping by to visit my blog.

Bracken



No comments:

Post a Comment