Sunday 22 September 2024

Hand knit socks for aged 2-3 years using the Winwick Mum pattern for childs socks.

 

These are my latest version of socks from the Winwick Mum sock patterns. This is a free pattern for childrens socks and its really good. When I finished these I was convinced they would be huge on our small person but actually they are only slightly too big, so as the Winwick Mum says in this pattern -  children often have bigger feet than you think they do!

These were really knitted so small child can go out on a toddler trundle to a local country park and keep warm this winter. He tried them for the first time this week and they seemed to be good. Its not yet very cold but will be over the next few months and his Mum wants him to do outsidey stuff not just to go to indoor play groups. He seems to enjoy outdooŕs stuff as well, and is currently obsessed with going out in the garden every day, even when it rains. 

Because these are a little big ( and so are his wellies!) he has worn them over normal socks so far but they make the wellies a better fit so he falls over much less too, so thats an added bonus.

I am afraid there are no photos of said small person because he is not going on any social media until he decides to himself, but you can see the size difference with my own socks here:

The yarn is "Silent Night"4ply from West Yorkshire Spinners and is left over from my own socks. It has glitter but is otherwise shades of blue and a very nice yarn.

Our own small person is male but he seems to love the glitter and because he is so young he is as yet uninfluenced by nasty people telling him boys cannot wear glitter! 

So sad how our children get conditioned even when we try so hard not to do this. 

I now need a new knitting project. I knitted these at the same time as my green jumper which was started so long ago.

It's finished except for the neck and sewing up. But I finished the last sleeve just yesterday. Hopefully I will get the rest done before it gets much colder. 

Take care and have a great week,

Bracken.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, these are adorable small-feet socks - and why shouldn't boys wear glitter too?! I love your Treasure Socks as well, you've made a fantastic job of them! :) xx

    ReplyDelete