Monday 2 September 2024

Bunny jumper with bobble tail for age 2-3 years.

 


I have had this pattern for many years. I do not know where it came from but it was from the internet so apologies if this post does not credit the right person or company. If I come across the pattern again I will add a link here but it may be it is no longer online.


Its just so cute I really wanted to knit this. I did not want it in pink though which the original is knitted in  ( its for a boy) and I came across the snuggly bunny yarn reduced because its discontinued at Wool Warehouse so I ended up knitting in what is sold as green yarn though its more turquoise really.  The white yarn is actually a different brand (RICO) but works just as well. I could not get the correct yarn in white. 

Incidentally I originally bought an extra ball to what the pattern says is needed in the green yarn but still ran out. My tension is correct. I ended up needing an extra ball of the green despite adding stripes to the sleeves. Because I bought extra yarn to finish this jumper ( I was so happy they still had some!) I now also have spare left over, but I might just knit a hat to go with this from the spare yarn.

It was surprisingly difficult to knit this yarn because its so fluffy you cannot see the stitches so I ended up only knitting it in daylight. Thats a pain because I mainly knit in the evenings. Luckily its been summer so we have longer days. I knew I needed to finish it for September because of the age of its recipient and the fact children grow so fast. That was a challenge. Or at least the knitting part was ok but the sewing together of loads of pieces has taken far longer than I was hoping. In all there are 9 pieces to this - 4 ear parts, one hood (which I very much like the directions for the shaping I have to say! Its a really nice shape and is better than other hoods I have knitted. More shaped!), it also has two sleeves and the front and back. 

I decided due to lack of yarn to add white stripes to the sleeves and I actually think they look really good. This top reminds me of the teen goth/ emo tops you see with ears and stripey sleeves. Of course its not black but the basic concept of it is there.

You can just about see the pompom tail here. I made the old fashioned way and had to make a second one because the pattern said 5cm pompom. That came out huge. Maybe pompom makers measure the pompom differently? I went with diameter of cardboard circle. I ended up with 2.5cm diameter.  
 

Anyway, I now wait in anticipation to see this on the small person I made it for.

Thanks for visiting my blog, have a great week,

Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment