Saturday 28 September 2024

Armlets free pattern

 
These are really a pattern trial. I have owned a (free) download of this pattern for several years and never got round to using it. It's from Feyr Trade and is still free. Anyway I decided rather than just make tube style armlets for this winter I would try out a pattern for them. I have successfully made these previously with no pattern, but it does mean fiddling around more to get them to fit. If you have a proper pattern it's much faster and far less faffle to make this kind of thing - as I have now found out!
These armlets are going to keep me warm when out and about in winter and I have short sleeves on.
They really do work!
You can see them here with my green dress, and they will, I think make it much more wearable and easier to layer this autumn and winter. 
The fabric was a pair of ill-fitting leggings I bought off the local market about 10 years ago and because I only wore them a couple of times due to the truly terrible fit the fabric is as new. These leggings really were an example of bad clothing found in the worst markets. The sort of thing people think represents market clothing, though in my own experience there are lots of really nice decently made clothes found on market stalls, but anyway these leggings are a perfect example of the bad stuff you find in such places. So why keep them so long I hear you say?
Well the fabric is really nice and it's a nice fabric for my armlets so finally those leggings were worth keeping.
 
I have actually overlocked the edge off one of these since the photos were taken when I realised one mitt was slightly longer than the other. They are now the same length but you will have to take my word for that. I doubt I will get round to more photos of these very soon.
Have a great week, and thanks for popping by. Hope to see you again soon, 
Take care
Bracken

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea. I have the pattern and some leggings which are too tight.
    I need the sleeves for cycling in spring and autumn, when it starts out too cold for sleeveless, but you quickly warm up.

    ReplyDelete