Thursday 30 May 2019

27th, 28th, 29th and 30th May 2019

27th May
It was Bank Holiday on Monday. and we were busy with gardening, dog walking etc. I wore my lovely skull print gypsy top with myfaux leather RTW skirt. I am currently attempting to wear out all faux leather having had two differnt items of clothing disintegrate on me which is a waste. In both cases I wore them rarely since they wre somewhat " precious". Obviously a complete waste so now I am wearing the rest of my faux leather to death and getting as much out of it as possible. This skirt is actually a really nice wrap skirt with a zip fastening. I should copy this one.

And look at my lovely puppies - now approaching 9 months old. You will have toe excuse the mess - this was taken amid putting up of gazebo, planting bedding plants and installing two water features (thats what is in the box next to me). These have to be packed away every winter so they do not freeze. Summer is really here at last when they finally come out of storage!





28th May
First day back at work and I wore my lovely Oki dress. Its the first outing this year for this dress which works well in summer and spring but less so for winter and I wore it to work as well and yes it works just brilliant as a work dress so I will be wearing it again. I felt really good all day!




29th May 
I wore one of my "odd bits dresses" which are made form the off-cuts of fabric from other projects. This is an early version. I think the skirt is a bit too long but I suppose thats good work-wise. It does not quite feel right somehow. Its comfortable but lacking something. Too frumpy maybe?

Still its a work dress thats a bit different for no outlay other than time taken finding bits of fabric that will fit the pattern pieces and since the bits of fabric were all small-ish thats actually quite a bit of time, but still well worth the effort I think. Oh and time to sew it up but that is fast.

Not my favourite version of this pattern but good all the same. Gives me a different look on rainy days when its actually quite cold despite officially being Spring. And you cannot love everything that you make if you really do make everything you wear. Its just how it works.

Like not every RTW dress you buy will turn out to be a favourite either. Some are just staples. There will always be favourites and this one is not a favourite. I have since made several other versions of this pattern that I prefer to this one, thats all.

One other thing with this version: if I wear all day as I have in this photo the faux leather gets very creased. Some of my other versions look better at the end of the day. Down to fabric differences or fibre differences I think rather than my skills.

This defo does not compare with the Oki dress though. Now that is a lovely different dress. I should make a few more of them.


30th May 

Today I decided to finally get round to wearing my version 2 TVW style dress for work. After all it took me ages and loads of effort to make this and the weather forecast said no rain. Just in case I wore proper shoes rather than sandals since it has been pretty rainy the last couple of  days. I am reasonably happy with version 2 now I have changed the back to fit me better. Despite this I seem to only see what could be improved. Its still a pretty nice summer dress though!
Anyway May 2019 is nearly done with. So sad. I have been enjoying myself this year,
Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment