Monday 15 May 2023

Basic black ribbed flares

  

I don't think I yet posted these photos though they were taken a while back. You can still see daffodills in the pots and they are all died down again now.

Well I still have covid so these are the best I am going to be able to offer this week.


I still feel horrible, and I have done no crafting this week whatsoever. I decided not to take part in #Me Made May this year as well so although I have worn me made every day I have not taken any photos etc. #MMM is not so much of a challenge anymore. I have nearly all me made these days though when I have time to take part its always a fun thing to be doing. I have too many familly issues this year taking up my time. Having had one familly member in hospital a few months ago the business of my life has not really ended since, so there has not been time for me to spend on #MMM this year. Besides right now I am definitely not up to my usual health levels. Covid has really been a downer for me.

So instead of having something new to talk about I thought I could show you my black flares. They have proved to be a favourite though pretty boring to look at I suppose. But then thats actualy a very wearable item of clothing which is why they look pretty boring. I rarely show the more ordinary boring clothing so I suppose you can at least see from these, that actually, I don't just make lovely luxurious velvet multi-coloured clothing but also I make the more mundane every day stuff as well. Often with both kinds of clothing made from the same patterns.


These were made really fast because they are an easy make and the fabric sews up a dream. So no not really a challenge other than the fabric choice anyway.

Its the old TNT free yoga pants pattern I have used over and over again but this time I bought some tubular ribbing and thats entirely what these are made from. 

It works well, though the lycra does not keep them in shape. There is supposed to be lycra anyway!


The fabric does return when washed but tends towards baggy knees when being worn which annoys me a bit. Its not as good as your normal cotton lycra fabric anyway.

The tubular ribbing is really meant for making the hems on sweatshirts etc. I decided this should work then and back in the 80s and early 90s there were loads of dresses and tops made from tubular fabrics. These days its a rarer thing to come accross. I might have to try a few old 80s patterns though.

This tubular ribbing also comes in a huge range of colours so there is potentially lots of colour choices available.

I got the photos taken when it was still cold hence the aran jumper being worn with them. I really made these as comfy (slobby?) work trousers but have actually been wearing them quite a lot. They work well with sweatshirts as well as slightly posher work tops. And with trainers of course or with "work" shoes.

Anyway, thanks for visiting my blog and with a bit of luck I should be back on form next week and able to do some actual making!

Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment