Wednesday 10 May 2023

Skulls and paisley

 

Well I have Covid.

I probably had it when these photos were taken but I was not that ill yet. Then a day later I thought I had flu. Not nice the flu and its probably been ten years since I last had it. I have been vaccinated for both Covid and flu, but, well I suppose a vaccination does not stop you catching it, just lessens how bad you feel when you do catch it. Slightly, cos I feel ill.

My other half decided to do a Covid test though neither of us thought we had covid but then we still have some of the tests so why not. He did the first test and then immediately he did another because the first test was pretty much immediately positive. I then tested and yes I have it as well. Hence I have not got round to blogging this week. I just felt ill.

Until now I have managed not to get Covid but I suppose it has to get everyone in the end. 

So I am feeling slightly better today but still not 100%.

I bought the fabric for these trousers last year and this was actually the only fabric that I bought last year!

Its a cotton french terry oekotex fabric. Pattern is the Lekala Sports trousers but I changed the bottom. Original pattern has splits in the sides. 


I do love this fabric but it was a bit difficult deciding what to make from it - or what to make that I will wear.
I originally bought enough for a hoody dress but having made my red camo trousers decided I would handle this fabric in that pattern hence thats what I made. I have quite  bit left so hopefully I can squeeze something else from the offcuts of this fabric in the next couple of weeks.

I taped the side splits part onto the bottom of the main leg part of the trousers a couple of years ago and just make them as straight track pants since and I just love this basic pattern. I even made it in woven fabric one summer though that was a bit slobby and they do work better as sweatshirt trousers I think.

This top is one of my favourite makes and is a Burda Style hoody cowl.

You can just see the windmills in the background here, which are down the road from where I live,

I had a major disagreement with my father about these windmills - well all windmills really. He is adamant they "pollute the landscape" and I really cannot get through to him that no they do not because in 25 years they can be dismantled with zero damage to the land they stand on. Apparently he would prefer a nuclear power station because at least you do not have to see that all accross the countryside. I know the older generation often dislike windmills but I really have found this viewpoint surprising!

Anyway this is a pretty short post because to be honest I am just not up to writing a longer one right now. Should feel better next week hopefully though I have no idea what I will have to blog about because right now I am really not up to crafting.

Take care

Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment