Thursday 13 July 2023

Mermaid/Dragon scales Hoody top

 

Not an original make, but I just loved the fabric so much. Its described as "dragon scale print" but its very like the mermaid prints too.
Its a french terry in cotton with lycra, though I suspect the lycra is not really very good at keeping things in shape for long. It seems not to be very strong on other similar fabrics I have bought previously. Either way I could not resist and I like this fabric so much I just bought another 2m of it!
This is the hoody from a sport trousers/ tops/vests pattern (again!) which has been mostly used for my partner. Though I have made a skull print top before from this pattern .I used the mens pattern and just sewed a very shallow hem - possibly this is a mistake because it keeps flipping over to the wrong side of the fabric when I wear it so this may have to change.

I have not decided one way or the other as yet about my hem. I made it very narrow to make this as long as possible because I thought it would also work as a short T shirt type of dress. Or beach dress. I wore this on the beach and it was great.

I also narrowed the sleeves because when I tried it on with the width it was cut out with it just flet lumbersome and bulky. Hacked into a narrower sleeve it is much easier to wear and now I like the final sleeve very much. Its probably too long by most standards but perfect for keeping warm on an English beach. Or anywhere with winds.

Otherwise its just as my other versions.

Have a great week

Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment