Wednesday 26 July 2023

Dragon scale trousers to go with my hoody

 

Well I knew when I made my dragon scale hoody that I would also make these track pants but to be honest I suspect its going to just be far to OTT even for me on an outrageous day to wear them together. Maybe in winter as PJs but not I think out and about. 

The outfit with the matching hoody is just too much. I might handle them worn together on a holiday when as they say "anything goes when know one knows your name"😀.

These are the Lekala Track (Sports trousers) pants pattern, but I got rid of the side splits at the hems, where the pattern used doubled fabric. I did not like that when I did make them on my original version of these.  Can't believe I made them right back in 2015! 

The fabric is just too thick and cumbersome round the ankles in that design so I changed that on my second version and every subesquent version and it was a good alteration to make. So long ago now I doubled over the hems part and taped it to the bottom of the trouser legs and have used the pattern like that ever since.  Really I should probably trace around it and make a new pattern and I will one day when the current downloaded pattern starts to disintegrate. Right now its a lazy option but works a treat.

Of course ankle splits in trousers have come back into fashion again so you could do worse than to use this pattern for making trousers with them because in a nice lightweight fabric they would give a good finish but I tend to make heavier weight trousers from the pattern which is why they were to bulky round the ankles with doubled over fabric. If I was to make ankle splits I would just have the single layer there anyway and leave the side seams undone and hemmed with splits, Anyway, this is the version I like to make.


This is one of my TNT patterns and no mistake. The fact it was, when I got it, also a free pattern, really does make this a great pattern to own. Lekala don't give as much away these days. I just wish I had downloaded more when they did. But still this pattern is really good for me personally and its definitely been well used. I suppose because Lekala are now known to make good patterns that fit, so people just go there anyway and they don't need to give so much away.   I would recommend this pattern for a basic pair of track pants even now you have to pay for it. This and the other free pattern I keep using for yoga pants are my staples for sports trousers - and leggings as well of course.

 

I have no idea what number this pair is now. I have made so many of these. I even made two pairs in grey glittery fabric and have at least enough recently bought similar fabric for another couple of grey glitter pairs. Though my newest tracksuit fabric is a darker grey than the original glitter pants were. I plan to make them when winter is a bit closer. 

The difference between this pair and the red camo ones I made recently is in the hems. In the case of this pair I just sewed round the edge to stop them coming undone on the side seams, and left the hem edge raw. It kind of feels more "beachy" if beachy is a word.

I did similar on my camo version which are now very old and pilly though still worn for gardening and decorating, and anything dirty. In that case though I added a second layer at the hem and sewed a strip of fabric round the bottom meaning there were two layers of raw edges. I made two identical pairs of the green camo ones as well.

I reckon maybe that hem looks better? I still haven't decided on that score as yet.

They are worn here with a black ribbed top McCalls top and my white fleece. I reality both work better than my dragon scale top which matches fabric-wise but the overall effect is just a bit too much for me. 

Ah and yes, hair colour is "Electric Mango" . It has not quite covered all the blue streaks up as yet and I am still getting used to my reflection in the mirror, but so far so good.

Have a great weekend

Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment