Tuesday 14 August 2018

BEWARE of Rip-off CRAFTSY!

I got an interesting email back in June from Melissa Feyr Trade about a class she did for Craftsy. I decided to have a look and sign up for their free 1 week trial of Craftsy Unilimited at £12.99 a month. 

I had a quick look around and decided the same day I signed up that Craftsy is not for me. Not now anyway so unsubscribed. I got an email from Craftsy on 1st July saying I had unsubscribed and "Goodbye".

Yesterday I was checking bank statements - something I really must do more often in fact since I am a bit slack about that - and found despite me unsubscribing Craftsy have actually charged me £12.99 twice on 1st July and 1st August 2018. 

I contacted Craftsy and explained I had unsubscribed but they say there is no record of me unsubscribing and they will not refund. They have confirmed I have now successfully usubscribed again.

I have now sent them the email they sent me saying "Goodbye" but thought I will let the world know about this because I suspect I will not get my money back from the email I already recieved, so if I was you I would steer well clear of Craftsy Unlimited because they a RIP OFF company. 

I have previously signed up to other types of online courses for the trial period and never before have I ever been charged. I always have unsubscribed and until my contact with Craftsy I have not been charged. 

The customer services department say their is no record of my unsubscribing despite me having an email confirmation of it. 

Quite unscrupulous and quite disgusting!

So people buy Mellissa Feyr Trade's book - I did and have yet to make anything but looks good, but do not bother with Craftsy and if you do you have been warned!

UPDATE:
 A few days after writing this blog post I got an email from Blueprint who now own Crafsty saying I had actually unsubscribed from the yearly subscription but not monthly hence being charged. 
However I was also told by the customers servcies centre that they admit their email (and website) for unsubscibing is very confusing so now I am waiting on Barclaycard to claw back the rest of the money. 
I suspect they will as well because its obvious the website must be set up to make it very difficult to actually unsubscribe. 
Bearing in mind the company is usually said to have to pay out around £25 in time wasted to deal with these complaints you would think that Craftsy ( now owned by Bluepirnt) would actually just give me back the money. It will hopefully turn out Barclaycard will anyway in which case it will have cost them even  more in refusing to refund in the first place. 

I will let you know what happens.

Have you had a problem with Craftsy overcharging you?

SECOND UPDATE

Well next thing was we talked to Barclaycard. They are giving us the money back. Worth everyone knowing about this because if it happened to you and you keep that cofirmation email that you cancelled you CAN get back your money even if Craftsy say they will not refund.  
I hope this post helps someone.
Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment