Monday 20 August 2018

Red skull dress


I decided I really liked wearing my my original Bugs Dress a while back so I cut out this dress when I had time off for my birthday so over a month ago. Since then it has just sat there while I got on with other sewing projects.


Its the red version of the skull fabric I used to make my off the shoulder top :



I really like this fabric despite it being a  poly cotton which I generally avoid. I usually either go totally synthetic or totally natural with my fabric choices. Both fabric pieces cost me about £5 so were pretty good price-wise. I also made a skirt frm the rest of the blue fabric but have yet to blog about that.
This is the back view:


 Its a bit shorter that the first dress and much better made.

Instead of the facings I used bias binding left over from my Vivienne Westwood shirt. Its navy and wite but still seems to work well and I like the contrast. I find the facings keep moving up and I have to fiddle with them to get them to stay in place. Also the back facing did not fit right which I assumed was my fault but having had a second look at this pattern I now think is a fault in the design. It probably does not fit anyone's dress if they are making the same size I think.
 I made a much better job of the back vent this time and ignored the pattern and did it my way. Its not overlaped Its just a split hem but I prefer that.

This actually turned out a very sad dog walking day when Reg decided he cannot any longer manage to walk across a field. I thik the ground is just now too rough for my old lad. Still at least he went a car drive which seems to be the highlight of his life these days.


You can see in the next photo where his legs are just not carrying him properly any more. He is not so bad on pavements but obviously we are now beyond field walking. But then he is nearly 15 years old.  Despite this he is still with us and still enjoying life. While I write this he is outside in the garden taking in the air.


Thanks for popping over to read my blog
Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment