Saturday 27 October 2018

Two layer dresses for IPM 2018 final challenge.



I used the Teach me Fashion Layer Dress to make my Around the World- Inspired by Vivienne Westwood  dress and decided to go for a second dress using this pattern.


I find it a very wearable pattern and its a bit different to wearing just a shift dress because of that exra layer.

So here is my Eyeballs dress.

 I bought the fabric from Ikea as one of their limited editions ages ago. Its 100% cotton and it was just so very different.

As usual this fabric was not for Halloween but was actually part of the Ikea summer collection. Or maybe it was released in summer to allow people time to make for Halloween? Who knows?

It is a perfect fabric though for Halloween and IPM happens to have also fallen on that time of year this year so why not?

Having said that being me I will more than likely be wearing this all year round anyway😀. 

This version of the layer dress has the inner facing as well which makes for a neater finish than my last dress.





Again,  like my first dress the insides are all overlocked. The difference is I used me made bias to finish that dress due to lack of fabric to make the facings. The facings are certainly much neater and professional as finishing.


I did not both to pattern match because to be honest I was having difficulty working out where the repeats are. I do not think it matters anyway and it does also mean I waste less of this somewhat precious fabric. It only really shows as a problem at the back but I am still happy with this dress despite that.


I am finding this particular pattern is surprisingly fast to make up as well. I used a normal zip for this version since I did not have an invisible in the right colour. I also had difficulty deciding whether to go with red or a white zip and in the end red won. I am still not so sure white may have looked better.

As the Around the World Inspired by Vivienne Westwood dress I added a few inches in length.



Other than that there is not much to say about this.

I personally am very pleased with the end result.


Thanks for popping over
Bracken


No comments:

Post a Comment