Tuesday 4 June 2019

31st May and its all over for another year

 I have just got loads of MMM round-ups into my inbox which has reminded me. I have been rather busy at home so have not till today managed to have time to write this post but I feel I really should.

In the end I very much enjoyed this month though remembering to take the pictures has been somewhat difficult. I have several times worn one outfit all day, forgotten the photo, come home from work, changed into something else and realised I forgot the photo. Mind you on most occasions I have found I am still wearing me mades but its an opportunity lost for the blog.

Anyway on the very last day of May 2019 I wore two me mades - my black top
my spotty top underneath it.

This is not the best photo - snatched on the way into work - but its all I managed that day.


I have enjoyed this year mainly because I realised just what I actually do and do not want to wear. Its meant quite a bit of clearing out of old me mades which shock!! 
means I can almost fit everything into my wardrobe without squashing it. Almost that is but not quite. I also realised some items I have are just winter and not wearable right now so that meant me spending Saturday morning sorting out summer from winter clothing and storing the winter stuff in wicker baskets which live on top of my wardrobe. Years ago I was seriously vigilant doing this but recently have not bothered with the end result I have far too many clothes that simply do not fit in and live in piles in a washing basket or hanging off the bed rail ( I have a 4-poster bed). This does make for a mess in the bedroom. And loads of mad rummaging in a morning when I am wasting time looking fo stuff which has before now made me late leaving for work. Not good. Stress I can do without anyway. Its all nearly Ok now. Progress in the right direction anyway even if its still not perfect. I also decided some things just need recycling - or if the fabric is particularly nice making into something new.
So what do I actually need? Underwear. I have only ever made one attempt to make underwear and that was many years ago. I found the first bra I made and wore it on Saturday to realise its actually not that bad for a first attempt. Not sure why I just threw it back into the stash back when I made it but I did, so my aim now is use up the small bits of fabric and jump on the underwear making bandwagon. And why not? New year and new me!
Thanks for visiting
Bracken


No comments:

Post a Comment