Wednesday 3 July 2019

Glitter polka dots mesh hoody


It was my birthday the other day - I am feeling old. If I had enough of a pension pot I can now officially retire ( with most pensions-not state pensions of course).
Most pensions allow retirement at 55. I was 55 on Monday.
Depressing, though if I had enough of a pension I would go for it and retire despite it makes me feel so old.

I made a quick over top to wear to Brean. The fabric is a glitter polka dot power mesh which I bought off Ebay recently. Its a very nice fabric for the price though does deposit "fairy dust" everywhere you go. My partner's car is full of sand from the beach and glitter from my top.

Its my man's pattern really, Newlook 6142, that I have made before here:
Camo top
Waterproof jacket
Stripe top & black top


All made in a size XL but works great for an oversized hoody for me too. I was not in the mood to bother tracing the pattern to cut a smaller size and did not want to cut down a pattern that fits my other half so went with the size I make for him.


Unfortunately you get to see a big shadow here which we did not realise at time of taking the photos. I really need a photography course!


You get the idea though..........

























I added ordinary black narrow elastic to the wrists to shorten it and folded the hood under giving a bit of un-hoody front neck if you know what I mean.



I did not add pockets and just overlocked the edges. I am now, having worn this, thinking of adding some kind of ribbed edge and hems but have yet to make adecision as to what to use.

The pattern has a hood that is meant to overlap at CF. Mine does not it just has a CF edge. I could put a pull-cord through the overlap on the hood edge, but have yet to decide on whether to do this.


We went to Brean for a day trip and stayed over for the night. Its the first time I ever took the dogs to the sea side. Sadly due to us havng lost phones in the sea last time we went on holiday we never took any photos of them in the sea. Never mind. We will go again. I am not mad on Brean since its mud not sand but its pretty close and can even be a day trip.We managed to let the boys off the lead and they came back. No dogs on the beach at the time though so not a proper test. They are 10 months old on 18th so then meant to be fully grown. They seem to be needing less food so probably time to cut down and make sure they stay lean and do not go getting fat now. 
Brean was fun for a day trip. We stayed over the one night in my ancient tent. Probably good it did not rain cos you can see where the waterproof floor is decaying. I suspect the whole thing leaks. We need a new one.


Anyway despite my sudden old age I do enjoy my new top,
Bracken




No comments:

Post a Comment