Sunday 12 July 2020

Bugs trousers -05/2015 Burdastyle trousers 114/115



These are 05/2015 Burdastyle trousers 114/115 and this is Ikea cotton fabric. I have used the fabric and the pattern before and love both so decided to go for it and see if I can make better use of my offcuts and use the fabric border for this project.

My previous Bugs projects are two dresses:
https://brackencrafts.blogspot.com/2016/05/39-black-bug-dress-2.html

My previous 05/2015 Burdastyle trousers 114/115 are also made from Ikea fabric and from the same oriental fabric range.

I like all of these items so why not try to make another pair of trousers using the Bugs fabric? 
So I did. 
To get the border to work I had to put the pattern pieces slightly off grain. It seems to work OK so far. Being baggy they should not go too out of shape I think.


I did not bother to top stitch the pockets on these trousers, but they work just the same. I did on the previous red version but I do not think it necessary and I made these in a hurry to take away to Cornwall.

I used black ribbing left over from another previous project. Its not a proper cuff though (I previously made T shirts from this fabric) so I had to add a seam.  It works. I also made the cuffs long so if I want to wear socks or boots I can. The red ones tend to leave my ankles bare which is fine on a hot sunny day but not so much if it rains.

 I have another 3m piece of this fabric but these trousers were actually made form the offcuts from my two dresses so I never had to cut into the new bit.
 You can see the extra long ankle cuffs here. I mostly wear them turned up tho which works nicely.


I really like these trousers. I think they are one of my best makes recently.


These are very wearable and very comfortable cotton summer trousers.
I made a few other new things to wear in Cornwall which I will show you over the next few posts. 
Take care and stay safe
Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment