Sunday 5 July 2020

Bat tankini


I love love love this pattern. Its just brilliant! I have waited for years to find a pattern like this. As a 90s girl who hates real bras, I intend to make loads of the top to use as bralets in various fabrics. 

I love the top so much I wore it as underwear and had to wash it for the photos by the time I had made the bottoms. 

Its made in swimwear fabric with a lightweight stretch lining fabric. I bought the fabric off Ebay back in January looking for something like this to make so its just what I was after. 


In fact this is just what I have been looking for for years. 


The only thing wrong with this is my sewing where I should have pattern matched my bats. 
I also had a problem getting white or clear elastic. I ordered it the day after receiving the pattern but it still has not arrived so I decided yesterday to use what I have which is slightly too wide and black but it worked anyway. 


This is XS and is the plain option for both top and bottom. Low rise bottom, cropped top. The perfect tankini!

There are various other combinations you can make from this pattern including a ruched longer tankini top and a short or long version with a zip front. The bottoms also come in 3 different rises so accommodate a wide selection of bikini/tankin looks. In fact with this pattern you could really make an entire wardrobe of different tankinis. 

I just love this pattern!


  I even froze in British rain when these pictures were taken! What we do for our art!


Well done and thank you to Rebecca Page for producing this pattern.
I shall be making lots!
Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment