Friday 23 October 2020

Grey pinstripe office trousers

  

These trousers are Burda Style 7122.

 
 
I used the pattern 3 times previously and love the trousers I made from it. They are all very wearable and very comfortable so I went with a 4th pair of this pattern. The fabric is from efabrics.co.uk and around £2:50 a metre. Its just suiting fabric but I liked it so much I bought more of this fabric. They do another colour but from the really bad photos I cannot decide if its beige, pink or brown. 
 
If its brown I won't wear it so decided to give that one a miss just in case. I originally bought 2m but there will not be enought to make another pair of trousers from the offcut. I am sure with my new further 2m I will think if something to make. Maybe a skirt or dress? This fabric is quite thin so more for early autumn. spring or summer than winter so I will probably just leave the rest of it in  the stash for now till the weather warms back up. Back to stash building! Never mind. This is good fabric and will eventually make some nice clothing.
 

Mistakes? 

Well the zip ended up in the right side not left but thats not the end of the world, and not the first time I have done that. I tell myself there is a company that do that on purpose ( Antibrand) so whatever. It doesn't really matter at all. Its just convention to have it on the left. Thought from this photo its kind of puckered and I cannot sort that out. I resewed it a couple of times and it made no difference. I find its quite hard to pull the zip up on this pair as well so may also add a hook and eye to hold the top together. I used an invisible zip and its grey but a bit too dark. Maybe should have waited for a new one? I do not like invisible zips I have to be honest. Once my current stock is gone I am not buying any more.

 The facings are pretty floral cotton ( curtain) fabric. I like the added extra even though it cannot be seen.


As for the jumper, I made that back in the summer and only just started to wear it. I think it will be a good work jumper for this autumn/winter because its a bit shorter than I like for real life but very respectable for my work clothing. This was such a simple lace pattern. I really should make more of this stitch.


Downside of this fabric is its very springy so hard to get side seams and hems to go flat even after pressing. However there is an upside here was well because it does not crease at all by the looks of it.


So I think a very nice medium- light pair of pinstripes. I will enjoy these for work and am test driving them when I go into the office this week.

Looking at these photos I am now wondering if they are a little too long. They did not feel like it when I was wearing them but time will tell I suppose. 

Stay safe and sew

Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment