Wednesday 10 February 2021

Black faux suede dress

  

This is from one of my vintage Burda Magazines. 

This is 125, 03/2002.

 

Its  a very simple design and I just had to make it from this soft faux suede thats been stored in my stash for ages. 

 

It just seemed the right dress for that.

I like the almost 80s batwing look to the sleeves. Cowl neck could easily change into a normal Tshirt type neck or just hemmed neckline making this quite versatile as patterns go.

Probably this would look better with less halloween- type of makeup - well it was a weekend!
and maybe tights rather than leggings or even weather permitting bare legs and sandals. 

I am still unsure about the seam down the top of the sleeve and reckon this could be better without that. One to remember next time maybe because I expect to make this dress again. It would be easily eliminated just by putting the seam allowance on a fold after all.
 
 So far I have been enjoying home working in this dress. Its comfortable but also being plain black not too OTT when I have to have virtual meetings which is pretty much every day and sometimes several times daily.
Its a great little "loungewear" dress.
See you next week
Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment