Saturday 27 February 2021

Colour blocked hoody - McCalls M7261

 

I made this from even more scraps of left over fabric from various projects. This is all made from scuba though the fabric types vary slightly - as in crinkly or plain scuba. 

 

It too me quite a long while to work out what part could come out of my scraps and still look Ok and not look like a mish mashed mess. The central front panel is made from a layer of scuba with mesh over it.

I had to have one pink sleeve and one black sleeve and the black sleeve was not really long enough.

so I had to shorten the pink to match and then add double length mitts. It works. Mitts are ribbed fabric. For the mitts I used Feyr Trade's  pattern from the "Make your own Activewear" book.

CB is also black.


Front panel -mesh over scuba lining


Having all my side panels purple helps tie it all together and the same with the pink hood with pink sleeve. I did not have enough to do 2 pink sleeves. I actually have two similar purples in the sides but its hardly noticible.


And with my pink track pants this works great as a tracksuit type of look. I have been enjoying this outfit the last weekend and intend to wear at least the top again tonight. For a few scraps which I nearly threw out this is a big success and I really love this make. Its especially good because the same trousers with my other pink top makes such a different style.

Now this really is my last top made from scraps at least until I generate more scraps that is.

Take care and stay safe

Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment