Sunday 31 October 2021

2-Tone Hoody Dress

 

I had the fabric about a year, maybe 2 years. I only bought a metre of each colour and thats the problem because there really was not enough of either colour to make anything from it. Or at least not until I got inspired recently.

Both of the fabrics are stretch lycra velvet - sold for dancewear so very nice and stretchy good quality fabric and its a real shame not to use it.


Anyway I was using the Simplicity 1251 pattern for another dress I wanted to make and it came to me this would work in it. Simplicity 1251 is a costume pattern I think but I have successfully made a lot of tops and dresses including for work from it and its a very nice pattern.

I even managed to line up the pattern on the sides on this one which has pleased me greatly!

I actually forgot that its the front piece that wraps round so I envisaged it having like a princess effect front when its really the back ends up with the princess look but I realised my mistake when I was putting the pattern pieces onto the fabric and I decided to go ahead and cut it anyway and it really does not matter because I am very pleased with how this has turned out. I also  raised the neckline slightly because I wanted a higher neck but otherwise this is the unchanged pattern. 

 

Though now I see the photos better  I am wondering should I do a FBA on this pattern and if yes that will probably be quite difficult due to the side seam having moved from the usual position. I am considering how already. Ah what it is to become more "experienced" at your sewing so you end up picking fault with every item you make and finding how to make it better next time.

I am going to the theatre at Christmas so I will be wearing this for my outing. Probably with a nice pair of boots or shoes and tights rather than leggings😁

Have a lovely week

Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment