Saturday 30 October 2021

Floral skull trousers with side splits - Jamesia


I thought with it nearly being Halloween I should show you these floral skeleton trousers. I actually made them in September - hence the photos which were taken on holiday in Cornwall.
I realised after these pictures that perhaps I have a sway back. I need to go back and check out some older photos and see if this is a common issue or if this is a one off with these trousers. Its not something I have noticed before but I am very aware that I am more and more critical of my own sewing.
I did really enjoy wearing these on holiday and it was not so hot in September that you were often wanting to wear shorts any more, like in the summer, so they worked really well.
This is the Free Mood Sewciety Jamesia pattern - made just as they direct but I left the sides open for side splits and hemmed round the splits. They were really nice for the end of summer and I might just wear these for Halloween as well - if its not too cold by then that is.

This is my floral skeleton fabric which is 100% cotton and cost me £6.99 per half metre so expensive:

Kind of a pretty print for Halloween but its also easy to wear for every day life - in summer that is.

I made the halter neck top back in the summer.

Happy Halloween

Bracken


No comments:

Post a Comment