Monday 11 October 2021

Lilac gingham trousers

 

I took these trousers away with me when we had a short break in Cornwall. I am feeling so lucky. I have had more holidays this year than in any oher year of my life! These are really nice holiday trousers because they do not crease. 

This is Butterick pattern B5778. I made it before several times. Possibly my favourite pair of these is the very first pair http://brackencrafts.blogspot.com/2016/05/38-side-panel-leggings.html though I also made them in faux leather and in upcycled real leather which have been worn lots as well.


This time though I did not want side stripes but since I had only small bits of fabric using this particular pattern allows me to construct a pair of trousers from my scraps. The scraps are from various old projects using the same gingham fabric and can be seen :

Gingham jacket and trousers - I pretty much never wear these but keep them anyway! At one time I wore the leggings quite a bit but the jacket is just too costumey. Maybe with a zip front instead of buckles it would become more wearable?

Gingham work skirt

Gingham along top - one of the most worn things I ever made

I even almost managed to get the pattern to match.
I am really very happy how these worked out because I honestly had no idea if I could make these leggings from woven stretch fabric let alone by using my scraps and they turned out really wearable. I could even wear these for work.
So there are lots of photos of these because I am very pleased with them!
These were obviously taken a few weeks ago when it was a bit warmer. I will be packing them away now I think for spring when the weather changes again.

Take care and have a lovely week. Thanks for visiting my blog

Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment