Saturday 3 September 2022

Blue twist back vest

 

I have been meaning to make this design for years. Well I have been meaning to make several knot or twist designs for years but this is the first one I have actually got round to attempting.
   
Its not quite perfect ( see join in knot strap which should not be visible) but I have already cut out the dress version of this, so should perfect the design when I make that one. For a first attempt I am not unhappy and have already worn it several times.

 I decided it was me not Burda who messed up here. I somehow must have traced it weirdly or moved it or something because my neck is off centre ( see above). Its hard to see and most people will probably never know but I do.

 

I made it high low because I happened to misjudge the front cut line for the top!

Still I like high lows.

Its actually my pattern piece that is wrong though ( both back and front pieces - must have been having a bad day the day I traced this one!)

So for the dress version I cut next, I have had to retrace the neck. Strangely when I placed the tracing on top of the pattern sheet the rest of the dress or top is spot on so I must have slipped or something when actually tracing. 

Anyway this is surprisingly easy to make so I will quite probably make a few. Or assuming the weather stays hot I will because the "knot" on the back may not feel so good as a layer in winter but I love the simplicity of this vest top.

I am hoping the dress version will work a bit more symetrically round the neck. Once I get round to finishing it I will show you. Fingers crossed it works.

The fabric was a £1 a metre from Pound Fabrics and is a kind of football shirt fabric so perfect for summer or sport. I had though to make this to go camping because it will be really easy to wash and dry in very basic hand wash conditions, but with the price of fuel now we decided we really had best just stay at home this year. Its not a year for touring in a camper van that is certain.

Pattern is Burda Style magazine style 116 ( dress is 117) from the 05/2016 issue. 

Thanks for visiting,

Bracken


No comments:

Post a Comment