Saturday 24 September 2022

Pixie blueberry baby hat

 

Well I have wanted to knit this for years!

I made this as a gift for a friend's baby and since I am not going to post a photo of the baby wearing this its just a few pics of the hat itself. I found this pattern free on Ravelry probably about 10 years ago and I always wanted to knit it for someone so given the chance I just had to make this. Its just so cute!

This is the link to the free pattern from Ravelry.  The pattern author tells you how to make a bigger version by adding blocks of 8 stitches and I have to say I am so tempted to make an adult version of this!.


Its aran yarn not baby yarn - I used some I already have and made a blueberry. 

The top has a "stalk" which is an I-cord, which if you do not know what that is do not worry the author tells you exactly how to make that and also there are loads of Youtube videos and its very easy.


So, I have made this for my friend who is having a winter baby and have no one to model it. Though the baby will not be born for a couple of months yet and they do not know what gender it is but hopefully my friend will like this. Because her baby will not be anywhere on social media/ the internet I will not be able to get a photo of her baby with this on so hopefully you can see it well enough in the photos.

I really love how you get a 3D leaf shape at the top. 

This is also very easy and fast to knit so I must recommend this free pattern if you fancy making one, because this is well worth the effort. I think even a beginner knitter could make this. The bottom edge is just stocking stitch which gives it that rolled edge and so has no ribbing. This also makes it adjustable size-wise so it should fit for a while. Being a winter baby will mean this hat will keep the baby warm.

And of course this fits really well with my Faerie theme. Though if made in bright orange instead of purple would work as a pumpkin hat too - the author shows one in orange and one in lilac. This baby is due just before Christmas so Halloween will be well over by then. There are loads of other examples of this pattern on the internet though because its been around for years. I particularly like the strawberry ones but if the baby turns out to be a boy that would be less wearable so I stuck with basic purple and green.

Its also really good for me, because in the last few months I simply have not been able to get motivated at all with knitting. Now perhaps I will because I really liked knitting this little hat.

Thanks for popping by my blog

Bracken

2 comments: