Saturday 12 November 2022

Velvet leggings


Hello,

I have been sewing again which is a good thing because I got so into knitting I had virtually stopped. I feel it does not really matter what I make so long as a sew regularly because you can really spot the difference in my sewing level if I do not make anything for a few weeks. My accuracy just goes right down and I make such stupid mistakes. I mean even hemming a tea towel manages to keep my skill level up. In fact thats a good example because we could do with some new ones before Christmas gets here. I should try and plan to make a few tea towels over the next few weeks.

These velvet leggings were just made from scraps left from my Faery hoody dress that I made last year. I love this fabric so much. Its floral but sort of smudgy and watercolourish. 

They are made with my TNT leggings pattern - McCall's 6173 - thats another one I have used so many times its now all reinforced with sellotape and I should probably get round to tracing that one onto thicker paper. Each leg is just one piece with no side seam so just about as easy to make as you can find. Though, like my floral flares, I did add a lightweight waisband. I find them more comfortable with a waistband. That pattern is meant to just fold over and have elastic. Maybe its my body shape though and I need that extra bit of length for comfort.

Usually I would have tried to offset the pattern a bit so its not quite the same on each leg but this was not an option due to them being made from left over fabric from a different project.

 

They felt cozy and warm with my big icelandic jumper. I like this jumper best of all I have made and must really make a second one in different colours. It was much much easier to knit than I expected! 

I am thinking to still keep its subtle colours but maybe more greens or yellows with grey for the next version? I have yet to decide on that one. Its currently just  avague idea.

I usualy tend to knit bright jumpers so this is a real departure from normality for me and a completely different style option but I do like this one. I think its the paw prints. They are just that little bit different to your usual snow flakes, diamonds etc etc you find on icelandic patterns.

So now I have a new pair of velvet leggings as well as my floral velvet flares that a made a few weeks ago. Sorted for Autumn ( Fall) then and for my winter loungewear. I still have a lot of lounge type wear I made last December and January so these will enhance the older stuff and give me some variety because the original loungwear was all plain velvet and sweatshirting. These two pairs of trousers do feel a bit more glamourous and Christmasey so I will be wearing them lots over the next few months I think.

Since the last few weeks have meant loads of rain in my area that means I should manage to at least stay warm and cozy over the next few months. You can see the leaves are falling properly now. Winter is well and truly coming!

Have a great weekend and thanks for visiting my blog,

Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment