Thursday 31 March 2022

Faery- Hoody Cowl dress in blue velvet

  

I made the same pattern before - twice in fact but both times it came out with the hood being bulky so this time I decided to line my hood with lace and I am very happy with the results and intend to make more of these.

These are my original versions: 

Click on the pictures for links back to the original posts. 

I since made the yellow version into a top, and I wear it much more so will probably do the same with the black and white one - when I find it. I think its currently under the bed in storage bags with my summer clothes although really this dress works well for spring so its probably time to unearth it. And maybe chop it!

Despite making this before and looking at the yellow version for how I managed it I still got in a mess. You have to sew the shoulders, then back of hood, then accross back of neck/hood and then its kind of eventually makes sense. I tried to explain when I made the yellow version but I do not think I made it a very clear explanation. Burda as usual does not explain well either so its a puzzle. I would say do not overlock the neck, but instead sew a basting seam for this till you get it right. Then you will not go cutting off the sewing allowance before you want to (like I did!). And this is very precious stretch velvet which I liked so much I bought some more of. And its floral! Wow! shocking for me. 

Here it is with the collar folded down.

So other than I shortened the hem to a high low mini there is nothing different from the original pattern in this dress. 







 
I think this really does fit my Faery theme though. 

 Love this. Going to make more of this kind of dress. Not a lot more can be said here but I do like this very much and will be wearing it lots. I am even considering another in the same fabric but maybe with different hemline and sleeves and just keep the hoody dress part. It feels good.

Happy weekend, and do come back and visit me again soon

Bracken

3 comments:

  1. That dress really suits you and your Faery theme!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think possibly this is the best thing I have ever made. I love this fabric so much.I seem to have got a bit obsessed with the cowl type of hoods as well. Just cut out another one in this design.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete