Friday 4 March 2022

Steam punk Robo/ circuit board fabric dress

I bought this good quality but very cheap lycra fabric before Christmas and its got a really nice kind of machiney robo print which reminds me of steampunk stuff - hence the title of this post. Though maybe its more like circuit boards? Either way I like the fabric and ended up buying 2m of it twice so had 4m in total in two pieces. I decided I want to show the fabric print so made a very basic dress with minimal pieces to mean I do not cut the fabric into many sections because I do want to show this design. This is really then just a basic T shirt dress.
The dress is the My Image dress ----- Candice which I used for my not-so-successful RTW dress copy.
I think its going to be a very wearable spring dress/ top though.
I have now cut a pair of leggings from the rest of this fabric leaving me with just a few scraps. I thik it will be good as leggings. Not sure what else to make with the rest of my scraps as yet. Once I get time to sew the leggings I will show them to you. Have to say for £2.50 a metre this is lovely fabric. Not sure I can get more of it but I am seriously considering trying to.
Well I am not so sure this one really fits my faery theme. But I recently listened to the Audible book Cinder by Marissa Meyer which is a futuristic Cinderella book where Cinder is a cyborg. I just bought book 2 of that series - Scarlet - and its good! Not something I would normally expect to like but Cinder was free from Audible so if you happen to come accross that I would have a listen. I am not so sure this dress fits in with that either but never mind. Its a good dress.

Have a great weekend and see you soon

Bracken

2 comments:

  1. That is a very cool fabric! I love Steampunk! Have you seen Carnival Row? That was very Steampunk Fae!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi and thank you. Yes I really like the fabric and it was so affordable! I love Carnival Row. I hope they make a second series. I will have to pop over and see how your writing is going.

      Delete