Tuesday 9 July 2024

Stripey maxi- dress

This fabric was really cheap but it turned out really nice when made into this dress. It feels like a knitted cotton. No idea what the fibre content is. It cost just £1;50 /m! I bought 2m. So this dress was at most around £3.50 including threads and ribbing.
 
 
The fact I only bought 2m and wanted a maxi dress meant I could not make long sleeves which I had visualised. But hey! It's summer!
3/4 sleeves it is then.
Originally I intended to just overlock and hem the neck and sleeves but it went all baggy and stretchy. So my trusty, (also very cheap), multi coloured ribbed fabric came in handy again to create a ribbed neck and sleeve hems. 
And it looks very "burda" I think with the two types of stripes. Though it's not a burda pattern. 
Its McCall's 6612 and the last thing I used it for was this spiderweb printed top which just shows this is a very versatile pattern. It can make a lot of different clothing and also there is a second view which I only ver made the one dress of. Thats got a cowl neck. 

I wore it just once so far. To visit IKEA. And we did the entire shop so lots of walking!  
 
The downside? Well it was just above my ankle bone at front and slightly longer at back which was intended when I finished hemming the side splits and hem. So a slight high- low hem. But I reckon its got a bit longer since wearing for a day. These photos were taken at the end if the day. The dress is now in the laundry and I have yet to see if the fabric springs back or continues to grow.
That's easily fixed of course but it will be annoying to have to re-hem it every time I wear it if it does keep growing.
 
I bought more of this fabric in a red stripe but thought it might make nice PJs for next winter. More on that if I get round to making them. 
 
Dreams! 
I reckon if I could make all the items I dream about making then I could possibly justify my stash!
This includes the crochet I want to learn and the knitting I rarely get round to let alone the macrame that has been on my list to learn since I was 9 years old!
 Of course I would also then have a much smaller stash too😄
 
Thanks for popping by my blog. It makes me so happy when I look at the stats and find I really do get visitors. Feel free to make a comment if you want to and hopefully I will see you again soon.
Take care
Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment