Thursday 5 December 2019

My first bra from Madalynne - the Noelle

This is my first attempt at a Free Madalynne pattern.


Its the Noelle bralet and I can say this is a very successful bra making attempt.

So far this top is a big hit.
























I love love love this!

I am going to make loads of these.

I have loads of off cuts suitable for this kind of top so once over the operation I am currently recovering, from thats one of my first sewing aims. These pictures were taken the day before my op.



I now also have 100 sets of rings and sliders which arrived today, so I am very inpsired to make lots of these. It should also help with my stash busting of small offcuts that I am always after achieving so the small amount needed for this makes it an ideal project for stash smashing..

 It took me a while to sew this together after cutting out, because I had to source the findings - rings and sliders etc. I bought the elastic and slinders and rings off Ebay. I only bought one width of this despite the pattern direction saying you need two widths. Seems to have worked OK though. Its actually very fast to sew up so I have no idea why its taken me so log to make one. I need to make the other Madalynne free bralets and knickers now I think and see which I prefer.

The one thing I did wrong is the top of the straps at front. You need to leave more elastic at the ends than I did to get a decent finish when turning under, but never mind, I am happy enough for my first attempt at this. I think also I could possibly pull the bottom elastic a bit next time. This time I just sewed but its a bit baggy round the hem as you can see. Also the straps do not really match well. Thats because I originally intended for the blue to be the lining but once cut out I reversed it to give this lovely lilac pink colour which I think will be far more wearable.



The fabric for this is bright fuorescent pink double knit left over from this dress (so straps would have toned OK if I had not reversed the fabric combination:
https://brackencrafts.blogspot.com/2019/08/fluorescent-pink-dress-and-t-shirt.html
and its covered with bright blue power mesh left over from this skirt and dress:



Skirt:
https://brackencrafts.blogspot.com/2018/11/high-low-circle-skirts.html

Other than the model ( who needs to get toned up!) I think this is a very good top or bra.


Its just my style.
Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment