Sunday 28 April 2019

Pink bodycon from McCalls 7538



This is yet another version of McCalls 7538 and this time actually made from a decent sized piece of  fabric and not just left overs from previous projects. This definitely made it much easier to be able to cut it out without taking ages finding the right sized pieces and managing to find a bit big enough from the scraps to get to cut both a back and front of one piece in the same fabric cos though I have loads of scraps I have discovered often I can only get a front skirt and not a back from it. I probably need to find something smaller to make now from the smaller bits - like underwear or exercise tops. Then I really will have almost zero wasteage.

I have previously made several other items from this pink stretch fabric. Not soo sure what this pink body con fabric too is but its an all 4 directins stretch which varying people call two way or four way stretch. I do not know the correct terminology. I bought this from ebay a few years ago and its one of the fabrics I am trying to stash bust. Its a very stable knit though very stretchy. Perfect for body-con type dresses. Reasonably warm as well.


Faux suede dress
The waist this time is faux leather and faux suede. The faux leather is from left overs from these leather leggings and the faux suede from this lovely but not that wearable dress.

Faux leather leggings
I had some problems with lighting when taking these photos. It was a very cloudy day and we just could not get the right light for the pictures but hopefully you can see the dress anyway.





 One thing about making this pattern so many times - this is dress number 4 - is I am much better at sewing accurately. I found lining up the pieces properly really hard on the first two dresses but I am better at pinning so it does not move as you sew and this one is almost perfect.

I have one more of these dresses cut out and I think I have done this pattern to death once I finish that one. There is a top version of this that has even more pieces so I may have to make a few of them just to get rid of some more small bits of fabric out of my stash and also the top obviously takes even less fabric, but really its time to have a rest from this pattern.

The upside is I have loads of wearable, unusual, work worthy dresses from what was essentially scraps of fabric - though this one was cut from a whole bit of fabric but that also was clearing out something that has sat on a shelf taking up space for far too long.


Although I have mixed stretch woven leather with stretch jersey this is still very wearable and I love my contrasting waistband.

Stuff made priviously from this fabric:

LEGGINGS  using the black back of the fabric for the side panels


https://brackencrafts.blogspot.com/2016/05/02052016-me-made-may-day-2.html



 and two tops both from Butterick 5562 View D
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEivYvxjaS-4Njw3_9pZV66qjEndTQv4OceezbO2iuRuchof_N93CMywr6QOdjdFEiTOVcTsFF7Pwl2GukF3_rBgqV_8X1aCG7VC3HTuiMq-pGH0WzE_xtwvROeONep_qFSLQg0eebnLoPE/s1600/WP_20180310_15_12_53_Pro.jpg
https://brackencrafts.blogspot.com/2018/03/two-tops-and-my-latest-stash-builing.html

http://brackencrafts.blogspot.com/2017/10/multi-media-t-shirts-tms-october-2017.html
http://brackencrafts.blogspot.com/2017/10/multi-media-t-shirts-tms-october-2017.html
Looking at previous photos of stuff made from this fabric does make me think maybe the problem is the fabric rather than the light since it seems its a recurring problem that the photos are not good with this fabric.

http://brackencrafts.blogspot.com/2017/10/multi-media-t-shirts-tms-october-2017.html  Looking at previous photos of stuff made from this fabric does make me think maybe the problem is the fabric rather than the light since it seems its a recurring problem that the photos are not good with this fabric.

 The dark photos are taken in a lovely nature park in Rugby, UK.

The lighter photos were sadly taken in a car park. Not the nicest place but whatever this is my life and where I go. Life and photo-shoots are often not perfect.














These are my previous versions of this pattern:

https://brackencrafts.blogspot.com/2019/02/knowing-when-to-stop.html
https://brackencrafts.blogspot.com/2019/04/camo-dress-from-small-bits-of-fabric.html
https://brackencrafts.blogspot.com/2019/03/a-work-dress-from-small-bits-of-fabric.html

I am enjoying wearing these dresses and they have become part of my everyday work wardrobe.
In itself that is amazing!!
I love each version (as in all which is most unusual for things I make!) and they are all very different to each other.

AND I am not usually a dress wearer!

Making all these things though, kind of says you should wear them, and not just once a year for Me Made May. Which thinking about it I need to check out and sign up for.



Thanks for dropping by
Bracken

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete