Thursday 2 May 2019

Me Made May Day 1 and Day 2


 1st May I wore my dog tooth check dress made here:

https://brackencrafts.blogspot.com/2018/11/dog-tooth-check-dress-pattern-hack.html


To be hoenst I had to get this out the washing because I forgot to take the photo yesterday!

2nd May another tartan check dress which I made here: https://brackencrafts.blogspot.com/2018/02/tartan-dress-from-simplicity.html

This is actually made from a costume pattern  Simplicity 1772. It makes for a very wearable dress though because I have worn this particular dress loads since making it.


One thing about both of these dresseses - I never matched the fabric because in both cases I bought a remnant which was really too small for what I ended up making so I had to do the best I could with what I had.


Interestingly I find I do not care about this miss-matched checks. I often spend hours matching patterns but then wear the item I made very rarely but these imperfect specimens I wear often.


Both dresses work well with boots and biker jackets for work.

Thanks for popping by

Bracken




No comments:

Post a Comment