Monday 30 November 2020

Stripey mitts

 

 

These are the same pattern as the ones I made a while ago here:https://brackencrafts.blogspot.com/2017/12/anarchy-gloves.html

There is a slight difference though in that they are 6 stitches smaller because I found the original ones a bit too big for my hands. The ribbed pattern does make it so very easy to adjust the size!

 

These also match though because though I love the Anarchy gloves I do nto always want mis-matching stripes. They are mostly made from the rest of the yarn from the original Aldi kit because I did not use the Aldi kit yarn for the first pair either. Both pairs have a glitter yarn which came form a Poundshop. I have more of this stuff but yet to decide hwo to use it.

On both pairs I mixed the Aldi yarn with other yarns of the same weights so I would get a product that is not the same as anyone elses. I do like uniqueness!


You can just see the seam where these are sewn up. They are knitted flat so have to have a seam on the inside/underneath. This is great, if like me you, hate knitting in the round.

Like most of my knitting ( and quite a bit of my sewing!) these are imperfect in that as you can see one thumb is a row or two longer than the other. It will not matter.

I actually knitted these while recovering from my Hip op in January this year but never got round to the sewing up bit. I do hate sewing up knitting. I suppose that is a good reason to knit in the round but I don't like that either. I have actally just bought a set of double pinned needles to do just that because I have quite a few Sweater Babe hat patterns I want to knit and if I am going to have to do in-the-round knitting then I definitely prefer double pins to those horrible flexible circular needles. My Mum loves them, and even knits flat with them, but I have never got on with them. I only use those when I have to rip something back and then pick the stitches back up because I find the plastick wire bit of those circular needles makes it easier to do this, especially if you also use a much smaller needle as well. If I can get away with it I even knit the neck on jumpers flat and sew them with a seam at one side. I know its much more professional in the round, but in reality most people never notice.

Stay safe:

Bracken


No comments:

Post a Comment