Saturday 21 November 2020

More Lovely underwear

 

 
Here is another pair of knickers using the free Megan Neilson Acasia pattern. The bra is Sierra from Madalynne and its another free pattern. I have made both patterns before but these versions are slightly different. The thong is Rebecca Page basic thing pattern. Again I have made this before and all 3 are very good patterns.
 

The knickers, because I used swimwear fabric left over from my (non-swimwear) Voodoo dolly dress have a cotton gusset but this is just a scarp of Tshirt and I did the same with the thong, and the bra is similar to the last lace trimmed Sierra I made but I went back to bikini fasteners because having tried both plastic bikini clips and proper bra hooks I prefer the bikini ones and after all this is my creation so convention can go out the window here.
 
 
 
I am not going to show you the thong on me I am afraid but the big knickers and the bra are OK. 
 
I have a bit of a problem with where exactly to join the leg elastic (lace) so you cannot see the join as you can see here in the photo below. Its not very neat on me because you can see the join on the back leg.

 

I have yet to sort that little problem but they are not uncomfortable and they were very much fun to make.
 

This is The free Sierra bra. 

 

Its lined with bright blue power mesh. I used this before on my other Sierra Bra versions and it works well and have have loads of it that I picked up in a sale years ago. 

https://brackencrafts.blogspot.com/2020/06/sierra-bra-x-2.html

 

Its not actually wearable for much else but I suspect will be lining my swimwear and undies for many years to come unless I can find something else to make from it that uses it all up. Since I think there are about 12m of this that would actually be a very good thing. I just cannot chuck it out though despite lack of space though I think really I did get a bit carried away I think when I bought all that! It was so cheap though at 99p for 6 plus metres. I actually have made a double layer ballet skirt from it

 and a top ( that started out as a dress until I added elastic in the sides). I do not think I have a picture of this as it is now but it has gathered side seams. Its more wearable as a top though still has little wear really but then it takes up minimal space in my drawer so I have kept it. The other dress I used this for was the Partly Sunny Frock

Anyway its versatile this fabric but as a top or dress so far not quite wearable. The blue skirt is great for ballet practice though which I got into during our first lockdown earlier this year.

 
 
Hear you can see the inside of the Sierra. 
I am feeling quite happy with the neatness of this one
 


And one last selfie:



Take care and stay safe

Bracken





No comments:

Post a Comment