Thursday 5 November 2020

Bat top - Butterick 5562

 Well I seem to be having a  constant Goth/ Halloween these the last few weeks. Not really anything to do with 31st October (Halloween that is), Samhain or any other wicked witchy stuff I just like gothic fabrics.


This is made from the rest of my swimwear fabric that I used for my bat bikini back in the summer. Its Butterick 5562 but with the most basic version of the sleeves. Its meant to have a collar on top but I have never yet made that I just seem to go with the basic boat neck long sleeved top and I love it. I used a contrast thick mesh for the sleeves due to having not enough of the bat fabric. I think it works very well though. I have worn this several times over the last few weeks and enjoyed it every time. Its very good with plain jeans. Its actually swimwear fabric but that does not matter at all. Its worn here wih my pink yoga pants.

And here it is with an upcycled skirt made from the rest of the Christmas Tree Gothic Fairy's dress. Or at least its the last bit left over from the second hand ballgown I cut up for the fairy's dress.

 

Yes a bit OTT this outfit I suppose but I wanted to wear my new boots ( bought last summer from ebay but new in the box and do look unworn)

 
 
 
Its really just the panelled satin skirt or what was left after I used most of the bottom of it for my skull dress hem.I added some lace to make it a tad longer and finish it off and elastic round the waist. Yes its a bit short but over leggings will be fine. Maybe not quite this clothing combo tho😀
 
I wore it twice the last week and like it lots despite its so simple a design and salvaged from a small bit of left over upcycled ball gown.
 
In fact for just a £1 at a jumble sale I got a lot of use out of that second hand ball gown. I really need it gone from my stash tho and now thats sorted. Its been hanging around since I think 2012. Far too long. I never actually had a stash as such back then. Wow has it grown!

In a completely different vein, I also made a table cloth this week; for Christmas!

Well its a bit boring I suppose, but stash busting, and very practical, and I do need to start to think about Christmas now, rather than have the usual last minute making rush. Its even got proper hems rather than my usual just overlocked hem I seem to do for Xmas table cloths. Tho not mitred corners. I may attempt that next year.
I am actually very pleased with this and its been on the small lounge table for the last week or so and so far has no coffee stains which is a miracle. Its a lovely satiney gold brocade with latin words all over it. This bit of fabric has been in the stash a few years now and never found a use till now. It should look good for Christmas anyway once I have some nibbles and cnadles on it.

 

Well thats it for now. As of Thursday this week the UK is back in lockdown. Joys or what!

Stay safe and see you soon

Bracken


No comments:

Post a Comment