Tuesday 22 December 2020

Blue Leopardskin print cotton T shirt top


This is my second recent version of a top I made ages ago. Its a T shirt shaped top with cut on sleeves and is an ideal way I feel to use up nice but relatively small scraps of woven fabrics.  I made a cartoon print version of this a few weeks ago and its very wearable so I decide to make another. Its a quick way to get a new top I can wear for work. Its self drafted really by just cutting around my previously sefl drafted top but like the cartoon print version it has shoulder seams which the old yellow top doesn't.

I had a few issues with the neck. I originally just tried to overlock the edge and turn it over. It just looked rubbish to then I unpicked the edge and restitched very carefully having pinned first which I did not do the first time. 

But it left a mark.

Then I was trying to decide how to hide this because otherwise I think this will be a nice wearable basic top.

The answer is my usual quick fix when things like this go wrong. Cover it with ribbon or lace and in this green ribbon. 

I have seen this kind of radomly sewn on ribbon edge decoration in several high end high street shops so I tried a random sewn edge and it works I think.

I also added a ribbin edge to finish the sleeves so it all ties in together.

I have used this fabric previously. Its Ikea cotton fabric which I bought many years ago now and its has just sat taking up room in my stash for ages. I have made a dress from this a long time ago now. I still have the dress. 

  

I also used it to line my hospital bag for my hip replacement.

I still have quite a bit left. I am thinking summer trousers maybe? I really could do with using this one up soon because its a nice wearable fabric but has been hanging around oin my stash for far too many years.

So once more here is my top. I really should iron before getting photos taken but I just wore this that day and it was a weekend so I did nto really care. I haet ironing and actually quite like clothig that does not have an over pressed look. Its just too formal and worklike for my taste.


I can see this one being a favourite.

Take care

Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment