Wednesday 16 December 2020

Wristlets


These are just a very quick make from some scraps that if I could not think of a use for them would have been thrown away. Well how terrible so I made these instead!

 

 If you ask me they would make the perfect present for a teenager. I certainly would have liked these then.

 What can I say about these? They are two tubes with were sewn large, then I tried them on and then took them in till they fitted my arms - easy. They were sewn using an overlocker. I overlocked the edges at each end.

 Then I added stretch lace to trim the edges. I do love the effect though!

And thats it. Of course you could do similar and make mitts but I wanted these as wristlettes not gloves. I am intending to wear these to make my arms warms with the Raggy dress.

They will look good with my Raggy dress. or with any T shirt and will brighten up my Chrismas wardrobe I think but I do not expect them to last long really. Perfect for Chritmas though.

 

I did not have enough fabric for the raggy dress to have long sleeves but this will sort that problem out though the fabric used for these is actually left over from my top and has sparkle and sequins which the dress does not but its very similar and will look Ok together.

 

I made some very similar mitts  using the same method from stretch lace.

  

I just left a hole on them for the thumb to go through when I made these. 

The wristlettes though, are to keep my arms watm over Christmas when I wear my lovely not so little black dress. 

 Or even a vest top, track pants and wellies!

 

I do love these though! 

Keep safe

Bracken



No comments:

Post a Comment