Monday 14 June 2021

Orange tiger velvet track pants

 


These are my latest pair of TNT Lekala sports trousers. They are in real life orange not red as they seem to look on here. They are worn here on a very hot day with my ancient 1996 camo halter neck. I made a similar one recently by just drawing round the old tops and making a pattern - which worked as well ! and I intend to make several more because on a weekend when I do not have to work or represent the organisation I work for publicly I prefer to wear just these or similar cropped tops instead of bras and have done so since the early 80s. I never actually owned a proper bra until I decided at about age 46 I really ought to do so and I have to say life has never been so comfortable since. Tho I am respectable and toe the lie when I go to work. These old halter neks are really very pilly and old now tho and its time to make new ones. I have not found a good enough pattern anywhere so making my own is the best option. Tho I am making them a bit longer than the 90s ones. My body is not so toned as in my 20s and 30s and its best to cover me up these days.

I have to say they are wrong for the weather now its become hot. I made these to take to Scotland with me but never actually wore them. They are very warm being stretch lycra velvet ( from Minerva). I love this fabric so much I have bought some more to make a pair of leggings and I am hoping to be able to make some kind of top from the offcuts of the two items.

Below with my self dafted navy top - I need more of these as well. These are based on another 90s favourite top - the original OMEN tops. They were mesh - fishnet and a finer mesh and I loved them. I make these longer than the origial version too. Well maybe now the 90s are back in I can make both long and short versions. That will use more bits of fabric and ensure I can fit into the future fashions regardless of which way the world moves.


They are loud though!

No doubt about it.


The waist band is just elastic and the pockets have a black sports wear type of lycra polyester inside as lining. Nothing particularly outrageous about the making of  these other the the bright orange tiger print itself in fact. I have now made I think 6 pairs of these so I pretty much know what I am doing. Tho again I made them without the side splits. I have only ever made one pair like that. Its a bit too 90s, tho now the 90s are back it could be a look to make up. Not for this fabric tho!

The seams have a kind of white sheen on the pictures which does not show in real life. The backing is white and this is a print on velvet so I assume thats what causes that effect.

I am expecting these to become a very favourite pair of trousers though they may be slightly too bright for me when I am not feeling that confident. I had just 1.2m for these and they worked out fine. I think it was £6.99m which is reduced in their sale stuff if you want some of this fabric. Also with Minerva you can buy eg 1.2m or 1.6m whereas most online compaies you are stuck with a dead metre or half metre and that often means lots of wasteage if you cannot think of anything to make with the offcuts. Being the kind of person with a large stash I obviously keep all my offcuts and eventually I find a use but at a differnt time in my life that would not have been a posibility and I would have ended up chucking out the extra which would be a waste. I am sure thats what happens to lots of people.

Looks like we will not get to Step 3 in the UK - as in no more restrictions  and not wearing masks - for possibly another month by the sounds of it. We find out later this week I think. 

I have no idea about the rest of the world now we are sadly not European anymore and we seem to just not hear about other countries as much now in general - not just EU but everyone so stay safe everyone and take care of yourselves.

Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment