Saturday 26 June 2021

Check skirt

  

I made this last summer and took the photo then. Then it got far too cold for this look. I got the skirt out of storage though now its getting warmer again and that made me decide to blog about it. Its nice to wear at this time of year. This was really quick and made from left over fabric from my coat. Its really not very warm so has been in storage for the spring since last winter. The skirt is made from New Look 6230 -  the front skirt pattern piece only - cut twice. 

I made several similar skirts back in the spring of 2020 during the first Lockdown and love them all so this will be worn, but it does need the weather to change a bit because even with thick tights this lightweight fabric will be too cold. These photos were taken back in August 2020 and it was very hot then.

 It will make a very good summer skirt though and was possibly the best way to use the last decent sized scraps of this fabric before I throw the rest away - I am being ruthless now in my clearance because I have bags and bags of very small scraps which yes they could make a pair of knickers or something but I really do not have space to keep all of it and I generate similar sized pieces pretty much whenever I sew. I also bought some new pieces of fabric from Minerva and I want to make that into things so my scrap bags really must go.

  The waistband is just a scrap left over from something I made at some time - I am not sure what! Its ribbed stretch fabric

I added a buttonhole at the front to thread a pull cord through and put a toggle on this and voila! Sporty short skirt thats actually wearable in the office. Its shown here with my camo Noelle which I wear as underwear all the time and wore loads last summer with lightweight tops over it. Probably this get-up is not really very age appropriate but then I was just in the garden when the photo was taken and not going out anywhere in public. I reckon over the next few weeks I shall enjoy wearing this now the weather is getting a bit warmer.

 Stay safe now.

Bracken



No comments:

Post a Comment