Saturday 5 June 2021

#MMM21, 22nd May to 31st May and a holiday in Scotland doing NC500

 

I am afraid Me Made May 21 had to wait till today to get uploaded. I did do #MMM every day though forgot to take photos a couple of days because life was good. My partner has spent the last couple of months converting a Renault Trafic van into a camper and we got the opportunity to visit the Highlands of Scotland so off we went at 4pm on 22nd May when he got the sink plumbed in and the rock and roll bed attached to the floor in our half finished campervan. 

We stayed overnight at Carlisle services and then arrived in pouring freezing rain in Scotland and headed for the first campsite we found online which is in Arisaig and I will not reccomend. No services and no bins and full of cow muck and £23 a night. Besides being a really rubbish site that overcharges with not even any toilets ( luckily we have a portapotty but you really don't want to use them if theres a real one!) It was also not really anywhere near the NC500 but we just needed to stop somewhere.

This is a new blue waterproof made specificaly for this trip - fast and badly made but does keep me dry and warm. Its rip stop blue nylon ( I think!) with mesh lining ( red) and has no zip because there was not time and also I just closed using long strips of velcro and now understand why people don't do that. Its hard to undo and do up tho having got it done up does stay done up really well. The entire front has one long strip and I cut some extra so I can leave it half open as well without it grabbing hold of everything else I am wearing. The collar has velcro and the pockets. Pockets were not finished inside so are starting to fray but otherwise this is a good waterproof that I will wear for work for a while. I intend to make a new one in black cotton for summer if I can get myself up and sewing again. Its meant to be cotton with button closure and I also added the waist cord holder on the outside to avoid adding the rivets. The pattern for this is Burda Style 129/ 09/2012. It has self-made ties.

Worn here with my camo track pants:

 a





The dogs actually slept in their coats as well it was that cold.

Then we moved up to Inverness - and showers - at Lock Ness Shores - lovely site - for one night then started the NC500 route going first up the east coast. 

Same waterproof worn here with black holey jumper and black track pants.

The hat is upcycled ( loosely speaking) because I added the pompom. It originally belonged to my other half.


 

And a me made face mask round my neck! There are probably a few of them throughout this post!

Lock Ness - we didn't see the monster but do know how to say "Lock Ness Monster" in Gaelic! Thanks to the "Speak Gaelic" website. 
It was beautiful:

Thats mist between the water and mountains:

Micks camo top and the half finished van - doors are missing on our cupboards but will be on for our next trip. Ignore the carpet. Its not staying. We nicked the lounge rug so we could go that day rather than source some new. We had to cut it so it will not be returning to the house.


My white fleece top - completely impractical for a camping holiday I have to say! I ended up washing it twice!

We did a slight detour to a pet shop in Inverness having found I have lost a dog lead when opening the camper, but other than that minor mishap this was one of the best adventures I have ever had. We kept meeting the same people all around the NC500 and it felt a little like doing the Cannon Ball run but without any prize at the end. Very enjoyable and we saw all the highland coast as well as Skye, the Hill of many Stanes - wonderful if you like standing stones - its a pictish graveyard! and a Brock. All very interesting and there was much walking and sight seeing as you can imagine. We are going back!

It was awesome!


We both  wore quite a bit of Me Made and I wore little else.

Below is Mick in his camo top:



I found I wore my new undies daily though mostly underneath my other clothing. This day was right at the end when the weather finally became summer rather than the winter weather we had at the start. Unusualy I actually look presentable on this selfie which is very unusual.

To be honest I have no idea of places or dates but here are my #MMM21 outfits from 22nd May to 31st May:

Self drafted Black glitter mesh top, upcycled skull Tshirt, Green trousers made from the RP Cerena

Below is a new top which is made from a self made pattern. I drew around my 1996 halter neck top which is now quite old and tatty and made a new one which I have now worn 3 times and love a lot. Works well on holiday because you can ignore the underwear and wear this instead and being lycra scuba it gives reasonable support or at least control. I intend to make a short skirt to go with it. Its the first holiday since July 1996 when I have not taken that original halter neck with me. I took this one instead. Now I am really getting to the point where my wardrobe is Me Made when I am replacing those old much loved holiday tops.



Just had to add a quick photo of Roger asleep in the awning!

My glitter track pants with black raggy top which I had to take off because we were packing up and the velcro on the awning doorway kept catching it and making long pulls in the fabric so my raggy top is really too delicate for a camping holiday I have decided.


Micks new wicking fabric hoody ( I have one too!) - with Hugh the dog.  I need better photos of Micks version.

My new blue wicking fabric top is below. This is the same pattern as several previous tops but I have not done a post on these tops but they are his NewLook 6142 :
hers McCalls 7261: -both in wicking fabric. Mine has mitts built in. There was only 3m so not enough for him to also have them. 
These two wicking tops took some serious working out to get everything out of the fabric (and in right direction) and to do so I had to change his top to a 3 piece hood which meant making a new pattern since the original is a 2 piece hood. Still I now have an extra option for this mens top. Mine was already a 3 piece hood.






Black mohair jumper with army surplus camo trousers and below the black "scraps" T shirt

Same jumper and camo joggers
At this point the downside to going away during Me Made May becomes apparent in that my wardrobe is by necessity somewhat limited!
 
My dogs and their toys inside the awning!

Left : Roger

Right: Hugh

Lovely Lochs:

Micks camo top again and my grey wool hoody with black joggers

Grey wool hoody with purple and red leggings 
Red top with same leggings :

V neck striped T shirt and below with face mask


The Hill of Many Stanes: thought to be a Pictish graveyard and yes it does look like thats probable.

Dunbeath:

My grey glitter hoody and camo leggings

  

RTW shorts with my mesh tops to keep the sunburn at bay when it got hot. I wore mesh tops in layers under my sweatshirt or jumper when cold and alone when hot. Very versatile!

Grey glitter tracksuit - again. I washed that twice as well - another impractical colour!

Mesh tops and (warm) faux leather leggings:

Interesting wild flowers - have yet to identify what they are!
 
My grey wool top- I really lived in this which is good because until this holiday I wore it just twice.It went over jumper and sweatshirt when very cold and just a Tshirt when warmer. I intend to make another of these.
Green Cerenas again and a hardly seen green velvet hair band using RP pattern so similar to this rainbow one but wider:


Me made face masks:

My dogs!

Skull jacket - white hoody and black trousers:

Finally a couple more Scotland photos:










A Castle on Skye:

Th

This of the scene from the Northern Lights campsite:



Have a happy weekend

Bracken























































































No comments:

Post a Comment